Painting Analysis & Reflection – Essay – Assignment
HUMN303N Week 2 homework: Essay: Analysis and Reflection of a Painting Resources Necessary For this activity, read and review the following resources: Instructions You conducted a brief analysis of a piece of art as part of this week’s discussion to comprehend its subject, significance, and intent. In this assignment, you will investigate a piece of art in greater detail to consider the setting in which it was created; read and review the following resources: Instructions You conducted a brief analysis of a piece of art as part of this week’s discussion to comprehend its subject, significance, and intent. In this assignment, you will investigate a piece of art in greater detail to consider the setting in which it was created. Consider the following while looking at any painting: Add the following to your essay: Conditions for Writing (APA Format).
ORDER WITH US AND GET FULL ASSIGNMENT HELP FOR THIS QUESTION AND ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENTS (PLAGIARISM FREE)
Answer: The mural painting “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci was produced between 1495 and 1498. It is an example of the genius of the Italian High Renaissance movement. It is also one of the best-known pieces of Christian art (Da Vinci, 2020). The scene of Christ Jesus’ final days, as described in the gospel chapter John 13:21, is depicted in the painting. Jesus had just predicted that one of his disciples would betray him while seated at the table with his twelve disciples. The image shows the twelve disciples’ response to the prediction that one of them would betray Christ. The painting is an incredibly complex piece of art with a lot of mathematical symbolism, dramatic focus, and psychological complexity, even though it appears to be one of the many biblical works of art people have encountered.
Painting Analysis & Reflection – Essay –
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 4
· Minimum of 3 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
As part of the discussion this week, you made a brief exploration of a work of art to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting, and address the following:
· Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
· Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
· Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
· Stylistic influences
· Subject/content influences
· Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
· Historical influences
· Political influences
· Reflect on your learning.
· How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
· How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
· Name of the painting
· Name of the artist
· Date created
· Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, image, or caption for artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)
CO 1: Identify the content, forms, and/or techniques of work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 2: Analyze the content, forms, and/or techniques of a work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 3: Explain the historical/cultural/social context in which a work was created.
CO 4: Classify works of art using different approaches (by discipline, genre, style, period, etc.) in order to contextualize the works and relate them to a variety of influences.