current and emerging genetic/genomic evidence in providing advanced nursing care
Advanced nurses can use genetic and genomics evidence to provide the best care possible. It is important to understand how normal anatomy and physiology differ from alterations in body organs and systems in response to stressors. By assessing these changes, advanced nurses are able to make informed decisions on patient care; taking into consideration their values and clinical judgment. Nurses must be knowledgeable of current theories, research, evidence-based practice and policy related to nursing care delivery when caring for diverse populations. This approach enables nurses to integrate nursing knowledge with other sciences that are beneficial for providing high-quality advanced nursing care.
At the same time, it is essential for nurses specializing in advanced nursing care to stay abreast of emerging information about genetics/genomics in order to deliver the best care possible. Utilizing this knowledge allows nurses to develop a comprehensive and safe plan of care for patients with genetic needs, as well as those who are at risk of developing certain conditions. By incorporating genetics/genomics evidence into their practice, advanced nurses have the opportunity to improve patient outcomes and increase health literacy in individuals, families, and communities.
ORDER WITH US AND GET FULL ASSIGNMENT HELP FOR THIS QUESTION AND ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENTS (PLAGIARISM FREE)
In summary, advanced nursing care requires specialized skills that integrate nursing knowledge with other sciences such as genetics and genomics research. By understanding normal anatomy and physiology along with altered body functions due to stressors, nurses can provide informed decisions based on clinical judgment taking into consideration patient values. Nurses must also stay up-to-date on current theories, research, evidence-based practice and policy related to nursing care delivery in order to provide the best care possible. Ultimately, with this approach advanced nurses will be able to provide high-quality and safe care while improving patient outcomes.
Additional information: AACN = American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The numbers 1 & 2 refer to their competencies for the advanced nursing role. These can be looked up if necessary. No need to include this extra information in your answer.I have added it here for context purposes only.
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations. (AACNI.1)
- Incorporate current and emerging genetic/genomic evidence in providing advanced nursing care to individuals, families, and communities while accounting for patient values and clinical judgment. (AACN I.2)
- Compare normal anatomy and physiology to alterations in function and regulation of body organs and systems in response to stressors. (AACN I.1)
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to professional application.