Describe The Risks Inherent With Online Websites And/Or Social Media.
The phrase “social media” has a wide and ever-changing range of meanings. In general, the term refers to Internet-based technologies that allow individuals and groups to gather and engage; share information, ideas, personal messages, images, and other material; and, in some cases, collaborate in real-time with other users.
“Sermo is a “physician-only” social networking community that verifies the credentials of new members during registration.15 Physicians representing 68 specialties in all 50 states gather on this site to network, discuss treatment options, and to query peers for expert advice. As of April 2014, Sermo boasted a U.S. membership of 260,000 physicians, most of whom use pseudonyms for anonymity.” (WHO)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103576/. Describe The Risks Inherent With Online Websites And/Or Social Media.
- WHO (Social media) – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103576/
Describe the risks inherent with online websites and/or social media. Identify opportunities for effective use of online health information websites and/or social media.
Your presentation should include the following:
1. One social media in health care or public online health information site.
2. An overview of the use.
3. Their benefits and risks of use.
4. Your recommendations for nursing regarding appropriate use.
- Presentation is original work and logically organized in current APA style including citation of references.
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- PowerPoint presentation with 2 to 3, excluding the tile slide and the reference slide.
- The presentation is clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides