Immunodeficiency Disease (SCIDs )
This assignment entails the development of a Power Point Presentation (PPP) on your choice of an immunodeficiency disease (SCIDs ) incorporating evidence-based practice literature and reliable electronic sources. The presentation shall include at least 8 slides, excluding the title and reference slides.
Please use the following criteria to develop your PPP:
• Introductory slide with at least 3 presentation objectives
• Description of an immunodeficiency disease
• A description of the disorder’s pathophysiology and clinical presentation.
• A description of the associated laboratory, radiological, or other referral diagnostic tests required with supporting references.
• Presentation of a comprehensive, holistic plan of care.
o Provide brief concluding statements
o List of References in APA format (6 references minimum)
o You are encouraged to use the Notes section associated with each slide to provide more extensive discussion/narratives of the slide content.
In regards to APA format, please use the following as a guide:
• Use references throughout the Power Point Presentation
• Apply appropriate spelling, grammar, and organization throughout the Presentation
• Include a reference list at the end of the Presentation
• Attempt to use primary sources only. That said, you may cite reliable electronic sources (i.e. ANA)
Final Project Rubric
Criteria 60 Points 50 Points
Content – Accuracy Provides an accurate and complete explanation of the diagnosis/disorder; its patho-physiology; clinical presentation, assessment processes, and plan of care, drawing exclusively upon relevant literature.
For the most part, explanations of the diagnosis/disorder; its patho-physiology; clinical presentation, examination, assessment processes, and plan of care, accurate and complete, drawing mostly on the relevant literature.
Criteria 20 Points 16 Points
Research Effort Went above and beyond to research information; included six or more unique citations from evidence-based literature Did a very good job of researching; utilized materials provided to their full potential. Provided four to five unique citations from the evidence-based literature.
Criteria 5 Points 4 Points
Sequencing of Information Information is organized in a clear, logical way. It is easy to anticipate the next slide. Most information is organized in a clear, logical way. One slide or piece of information seems out of place.
Effectiveness Project includes all material needed to give a good understanding of the topic. The project is consistent its purpose. Project is lacking one or two key elements. Project is consistent with its purpose most of the time.
Criteria 10 Points 7 Points
Style Grammar, punctuation, mechanics, & usage correct & idiomatic, consistent with Standard American English; demonstrates competent use of mechanics and APA. References are relevant, authoritative and contemporary. Grammar, punctuation, mechanics, & usage good mostly consistent with Standard American English, errors do not interfere with meaning or understanding; minimal APA errors. Adequate references.