Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
Answer: Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD) is a mental disorder that affects children and adolescents and is characterized by a persistently irritable or angry mood and frequent temper outbursts that are disproportionate to the situation and significantly more severe than the typical reaction of same-aged peers.
Signs and symptoms of DMDD include:
- Severe temper outbursts (verbal or behavioral), on average, three or more times per week
- Outbursts and tantrums that have been ongoing for at least 12 months
- Chronically irritable or angry mood most of the day, nearly every day
- Trouble functioning due to irritability in more than one place (at home, at school, and with peers)
Atypical antipsychotic medicines may be administered for children who have violent temper outbursts towards persons or property. Risperidone and aripiprazole are FDA-approved medications for the treatment of irritability associated with autism, and they are occasionally used to treat DMDD.
Currently, there are no medications approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) specifically for treating children or adolescents with DMDD.
question: Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW, ZERO PLAGIARISM, FIVE REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS, 7TH APA WRITING STYLE
Patient education is an effective tool in supporting compliance and treatment for a diagnosis. It is important to consider effective ways to educate patients and their families about a diagnosis—such as coaching, brochures, or videos—and to recognize that the efficacy of any materials may differ based on the needs and learning preferences of a particular patient. Because patients or their families may be overwhelmed with a new diagnosis, it is important that materials provided by the practitioner clearly outline the information that patients need to know.
For this Assignment, you will pretend that you are a contributing writer to a health blog. You are tasked with explaining important information about an assigned mental health disorder in language appropriate for child/adolescent patients and/or their caregivers.
- By Day 1, your Instructor will assign a mood or anxiety disorder diagnosis for you to use for this Assignment.
My Assigned Topic: -Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Research signs and symptoms for your diagnosis, pharmacological treatments, nonpharmacological treatments, and appropriate community resources and referrals.
In a 300- to 500-word blog post written for a patient and/or caregiver audience, explain signs and symptoms for your diagnosis, pharmacological treatments, nonpharmacological treatments, and appropriate community resources and referrals.
Although you are not required to respond to colleagues, collegial discussion is welcome.